Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The baked rice and spaghetti




I like the baked food so much!! Especially when it is made by MY own hands.

Because last time I came home, I made a request to my mom for a dish of spaghetti. She at first deny it, but finally she made it. It was actually not really good, for the sauce is too thin and not resemble to the one sold in restaurant.

However, my mom is a person who always asks herself a lot to make improvement. This time she referenced the recepi on the Internet, and used the same materials to make it. She is a smart person and therefore she did not follow the procedures shown on the page. Even if she did it at her own will, the sauce she made was certainly a triumph. It was so successeful that even my father who is a picky eater compliment her on the sauce this time. It also surprised me cause the sauce is almost better than whatever I had ate.

But that's not all.

She made another kind of sauce, which is specially used in the baked food. The sauce is mainly composed of variety of vegetables and shrimps, and most importantly, the milk. But different from the common food sold in the restaurant, she added some curry in it. I slightlt blamed her for adding it for I take the flavor not the same as the one in the restaurant. However, we still put some rice and spaghetti in a plate, drenched it with the sauce, sprinkled some cheese on it, and then put it into oven. The process of the melting cheese really impressed me. From the beginning, it was simply something like thin thread. As the time passed, it started to melt until filled the plate like a plain. My heart at the same time beat with the expectation I am looking forward to eating it. And at the last moment it was moved out from the oven, it striked me again. It was not a pure yellow, but dotted with certain gold colors. How glamourous it was!!



As I digged out a spoon and put it into my mouth, I could help myself speaking out loudly, " yummi! yummi!" It did not fall out of my expectation, instead, it was really a wonderful dish.

1 comment:

Luciana Bianchi Cavalleri said...

peccato non parlare la stessa lingua...ti farei conoscere ottime ricette...
Un saluto da COMO (Italia)

http://www.comoinpoesia.com